Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Athlete of the Week: Tiffany Costello (My Roommate!)

Hey  guys I am back! I am so excited to announce that Tiffany Costello has gotten the Athlete of the Week award for our school.  For those of you who do not know her, she is an extremely dedicated runner ands has an incredible work ethic. Not only is she fit and focused on pursuing her goals, but she also keeps a healthy mindset, and is primarily vegan. In the future, she wants to become a dietician, a physical therapist, and plans to participate in the Iron Man challenge, which involves a marathon, bike ride, and swim without any breaks in between. 


She does track and field, as well as cross country. I met her on move- in day at Beach City.  I was extremely nervous because this would be my first time away from home. Knowing that I had to live with 6 other girls in one apartment was going to be a big change for me.  Luckily, meeting her made me realize that going  away to attend college in Santa Barbara was the best decision -and here's why.

When I met Tiffany, she was so welcoming, fun, and had such a vibrant personality. I instantly liked her and felt less anxious. She talked enthusiastically about participating in track and field, along with cross country.  For a year and a half since attending school she  has not missed a day  of running. Her average day starts off with a 5:30am run, then training , going to class while still maintaining a 3.9 GPA, hot yoga, ocean swimming and  studying at the achievement zone. She cools off with an ice bath and falls asleep to endlessly loud music. 


Tiffany is the craziest, most ambitious person you will ever meet. I aspire to be like her. She encourages you to work out at least once a day, to conquer your fears, and begin the day with a positive attitude. She made me realize that I can be more involved at school. I don't have to be afraid of trying new things, and I can have fun doing what I love.  At SBCC I can explore, become more motivated, and set my heart towards success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment